DOCUMENTS TO GET FOR IMMIGRATION HEARING
1) Your greencard and greencards of family members.
2) U.S. Passport of citizen family members.
3) Birth certificates of U.S. born family members.
4) Letter from parole officer notarized, addressed to “Immigration Judge,” describing how long he has been your parole officer, how you have complied with the parole conditions and test.
5) Letter from employer notarized, addressed to “Immigration Judge,” starting with words “I, ______________________, being duly sworn, hereby depose and say:” describing how you are as a worker, how long you have worked there.
6) Letters from friends and family members who can’t testify in court: notarized, addressed to “Immigration Judge,” starting with words “I, _______________, being duly sworn, hereby depose and say:” describing their relationship to you, what support you have provided them, whether and how they have seen you being rehabilitated, what hardship they’ll suffer if you were deported.
7) Copies of federal and state tax returns or pay stubs.
8) Certificates of attendance at schools.
9) Certificates of programs completed in prison.
10)Certificate or letter describing any volunteer community work you have done.
11)Letter from Church, religious organization, or community group addressed to “Immigration Judge,” starting with word “I, _______________, being duly sworn, hereby depose and say:” describing how you are as a person, and your activities in the organization.
12)Doctor’s letter describing any serious medical condition of yourself or family member: addressed to “Immigration Judge,” describing medical problem and what activities would be limited by health problem.
13) ***Remember we need to show your rehabilitation and hardship to family if you were deported.***
14) ***Think about witnesses who could testify about their relationship with you, how they feel you have been “rehabilitated,” what support you’ve provided them, and what hardship they would suffer if you were deported.****
15) ***Statements that cannot be notarized should not begin with the language given above, but should end as follows: “I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)”
16) Certificates of disposition for all arrests.